Big Lots is an interesting store. Where else can you go in for some quick groceries and come out two hours later with a king-size mattress, a set of patio furniture and a paddling pool? Big Lots, like some of its retail rivals, aims to be a one-stop shop where you can buy just about everything. And through their purchasing power, they keep their prices competitively low. As a result, Big Lots has been in business for more than 50 years, and with over 1400 stores throughout the US, they’re not going anywhere anytime soon. If you live in the United States, chances are good you’ve found yourself in a Big Lots at one time or another. They’re almost unavoidable.
Big Lots has a unique business model of buying brand name goods at low prices and selling them onto the public. As a result, they often run out quite quickly of certain items and may struggle to replace them. This makes shopping at Big Lots something of an adventure; you never quite know what you’re going to find there. Sometimes, the deals can be unbelievable. And this unique approach to retail has won the company plenty of fans as well as detractors.
But any well-run company knows the dangers of being complacent. No matter how big a retailer is, if they take their customers for granted, they will soon start to lose them. So like many small and large companies these days, Big Lots wants to know what its customers are thinking. That’s where their customer satisfaction survey comes in. And that’s where you can earn yourself a chance to win an exciting reward in exchange! Can you imagine any better deal than that?
Why the Big Lots Customer Satisfaction Survey?
It’s getting tougher and tougher to run a store. Online shopping has changed the entire retail marketplace and continues to do so. It’s not easy for a brick-and-mortar store that needs to rent or buy gigantic properties to compete with the likes of Amazon, Ali Baba, and eBay. And it’s not just the lack of a physical store that gives these online retailers an advantage. It’s the massive amount of customer data they can access.
Anyone can walk into a Big Lots, pick any item they want, hand over a fistful of cash to pay for it, and walk out the store without saying a single word. Try that with Amazon. You’re not buying anything online without giving your name, address, date of birth, and bank details. Also, all kinds of tracking cookies watch everything you do online and report back to the retailer so that they can gauge your shopping preferences. Unless Big Lots is willing to hire goons to follow you through the aisles, it’s difficult for them to compete.
One way that many traditional retailers get over this disadvantage is by offering customer satisfaction surveys and rewarding loyal customers who take part. That’s the approach Big Lots takes.
The answers that Big Lots, Inc. receives from the customer survey allows them to target their marketing, advertising, and product sourcing to customer needs. This helps the store to remain competitive. But it also helps to make shopping at Big Lots a more positive experience for the customers. By letting the company know what you want, you’re helping to make sure that they will provide more of that on your next visit.
|Retail Company||Big Lots, Inc.|
|Survey Name||Big Lots Survey|
|Survey Requirements||Store Visit|
|Survey Prize||Chance to Win $1000 Gift Card|
|Language||English & Spanish|
|Customer Care No.||1-866-244-5687|
|Age||18 Years & Above|
Big Lots Survey Rewards
It’s not hard to see why a retailer like Big Lots wants to know more about its customer base. But why should you spend your time filling out their survey? After all, we’re all busy. Big Lots isn’t a charity, so you may not want to donate your time to the survey for free.
Luckily, you don’t have to. Big Lots values the time of customers who take the trouble to fill out the survey and rewards them by entering them into a sweepstakes. If you get lucky, you could win a $1000 gift card. And if you’ve ever been to a Big Lots store, you’ll already be knowing that $1000 can go a long way…
Big Lots Survey Requirements & Restrictions
Before you start writing up a shopping list of things you want to spend your thousand dollars on, you should know that not just anyone can complete the Big Lots survey. There are some requirements and restrictions. These include:
- The ability to speak either English or Spanish.
- Being 18 years of age or older.
- Living in any of the 50 states of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- An operating device – laptop, desktop or smartphone with fast internet access to browse and take the survey.
- Entering legitimate information regarding your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and so on.
Interestingly, you don’t actually need to purchase anything at Big lots to enter the sweepstakes. If you don’t have a receipt proving you’re a customer, you can enter online or by mail with no purchase required option.
- Only valid in the US.
- Only one entry per person, per month, per e-mail/ mailing address.
- Attempts to hack the website or use false information can be liable to prosecution.
- Big Lots employees and their family members as well as the members of Big Lots subsidiaries, affiliate programs, advertising or marketing agencies are not eligible to take part in the survey and win rewards.
- This survey is illegal in all United States territories, possessions, foreign military installations and where prohibited by the law.
- If you win, you’re not allowed to move the prize to anyone else.
Step-Wise Big Lots Customer Survey Participation Instructions
If you satisfy all the requirements, you’re ready to take the Big Lots survey. Here’s how you do it:
Entering with a purchase receipt:
- Go to www.biglotssurvey.com.
- On the welcome screen, pick either English or Spanish as your preferred language and click on the “Begin Survey” button.
- The first question you’ll be asked is, “Did you make a purchase?”. Choose “Yes” and click “Next”.
- Grab your Big Lots receipt as now you’ll be requested to fill in the register, transaction, and store numbers.
- After that, you will have to enter the date and time of your visit as printed on the purchase receipt.
- Click on the “Next”, and the survey will begin.
- Fill in the Big Lots questionnaire, which usually starts from your satisfaction with the overall experience at the store.
- Try to answer the questions as honestly and candidly as possible. Keep in mind that your feedback will help Big Lots not only to better understand what gives you the most satisfaction but also to deliver high-level service.
- At the end, you will be asked for comments about anything that could’ve helped improve your experience, anything the staff could have done better, and if there are any staff that should be specially recognized for their helpfulness.
- Lastly, you’ll be asked to enter your contact details so that Big Lots can reach you in case you win the $1,000 Big Lots! Gift Card prize.
As you can see, this is quite an extensive survey. However, it takes longer to describe the steps than it does to actually go through them. Realistically, this is a survey you can probably complete in less than five minutes. Not bad, considering the reward that’s on offer.
Entering without a purchase receipt:
If you don’t have a purchase receipt from Big Lots, you can still enter the sweepstakes to win the gift card. Simply by following the steps provided below:
- Go to www.biglotssurvey.com.
- Once there, you’ll be given the option to choose between taking the survey in English or Spanish. Choose whichever suits you best and click on the “Begin Survey” button.
- Now for the question “Did you make a purchase?” answer “No” and click “Next”.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Big Lots store that you wish to provide feedback for.
- Answer all the questions as honestly as you can.
- After you are done with the survey, you will be asked for your contact information. Fill out the various fields provided accurately so that if you are the winner of the drawing, Big Lots can contact you and send you your prize.
Now it’s time to cross your fingers and hope for the best!
Entering through Mail/ Write-In:
- Get a piece of paper or postcard, no smaller than 3.5” x 5”, and no bigger than 4.25” x 6” (We recommend a postcard as there is no need for an additional envelope, and you are guaranteed to pay the lowest postage fee).
- Fill out your full name, date of birth, and contact details.
- Add your feedback about the Big Lots store that you visited.
- Add the mailing address:
Big Lots! Guest Experience Survey Sweepstakes Entry
625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100,
Rochester, NY 14625-2437
- Add the correct postage to the postcard/ envelope (if using a piece of paper).
- Send the postcard/ envelope and wait for their response.
About Big Lots, Inc.
Big Lots started back in 1967. Sol Shenk opened the first store in Columbus, Ohio, under the name of Odd Lots. As the company began to expand and open new stores, they ran into legal issues with the name, and changed it to Big Lots to avoid confusion. Since that time, the company has expanded aggressively, both by opening its own stores and by acquiring other companies. Today, Big Lots employs almost 23,000 people and draws a gross revenue over $5 billion.
Remember the DeLorean time machine from the Back To The Future movies? Back in the early 80s, Big Lots was heavily invested in the DeLorean motor company that made the cars. When the company went bankrupt, Big Lots found itself the owner of 100 DeLoreans. The cars were sold for parts, giving a few lucky people probably the best ever story of the strangest thing they ever bought at a Big Lots store. Imagine going shopping for milk and eggs and coming out with the Time Machine!
If you run into trouble while taking the Big Lots survey, help is at hand. You can reach the company here:
- Customer Care: 1-866-BIG-LOTS (244-5687).
- Customer Service Hours: MON-FRI: 8am – 10pm ET | SAT-SUN: 8am – 8pm ET.
Store hours vary from place to place and can be affected by holidays and other events. In general, though, Big Lots stores open at 8 AM from Monday through to Saturday. In some areas, they stay open until 11 PM, while in others, they close at 10 PM.
Big Lots stores are also open on Sundays with reduced hours, usually 9 AM until 9 PM. The best way to determine the hours of the stores near you is to use the store locator function on the Big Lots website.
With so many stores throughout the country, Big Lots is almost unavoidable. And while the shopping experience they offer is a little different to that you’ll get at their rivals, there are times when Big Lots is hard to beat. Some of the products they stock are difficult to find anywhere else. Others are a great bargain for as long as the store has supplies. Sooner or later, we all end up at Big Lots.
For that reason alone, it’s worth taking a few minutes to fill out the customer satisfaction survey to help the store improve. But when you consider you could earn yourself a $1000 gift card as a reward for participating, it’s even more tempting. So next time you find yourself looking for something at Big Lots, don’t hesitate to give your views on the service you received. You could end up $1000 richer for it. Good luck – we hope you win big!