Very few companies in the world can even dream of having the success that Burger King has had. And yet, this gigantic fast food chain has always lived in the shadow of its even more successful rival, McDonald’s.
After all, the two chains offer similar products and share an expansionist philosophy. In most cities in the world, you’ll find both of these giants slugging it out for a share of the same hungry customer base. But although BK doesn’t have the popularity of McDonald’s, it has plenty of devoted fans. In recent years, the company’s online presence, fueled by some tongue-in-cheek tweets, has helped it stay in the forefront of people’s minds when they’re looking for a cheap but tasty burger.
Like any big company, Burger King needs to remain responsive to the changing tastes and preferences of customers. That’s easy when you’re a mom-and-pop sandwich store in a town where everyone knows you, but not so simple when you’re a giant multinational corporation — even one with a very active Twitter account. So one way Burger King stays in touch with customers is through the use of a customer satisfaction survey.
And why should you care? Because participating in the Burger King survey can help you get some real cool stuff for free!
Here we will take a look at the concept of MyBKExperience Survey by Burger King, how to participate in one and claim your reward.
Why the MyBKExperience Customer Survey?
The idea of outstanding food quality and the highest customer satisfaction was always a definitive motive for Burger King. Through the decades of experiments, trial and error, and – what’s most important – listening to their clients, the company managed to design their services in an exceptional way it functions today.
In order to keep up such good work, Burger King has created the MyBKExperience survey that allows them to always hear the voice of their customers and identify which parts of their business are most popular, and which aren’t. Analyzing sales charts can only tell you so much. Getting the personal experiences of customers is quickly becoming the Holy Grail of companies around the world.
It also allows the company to get a better idea of who their customers are so they can target their marketing better to people who will respond to it. A survey makes for a more responsive company, but also makes for better customer experience. A company that knows exactly what customers want is in a better position to give it to them and keep them happy.
But a survey isn’t very useful unless people actually do it. And these days, with seemingly every website on earth asking for a review or for you to sign up to their newsletter, people’s time is a valuable commodity. So to encourage people to participate in the survey, Burger King bribes rewards them with exciting prizes in exchange.
The Burger King survey isn’t difficult to do. It only asks a few questions about the general experience you had at the restaurant. After all, the company knows that if they make the survey too difficult, no one will finish it.
The important thing to remember is that the survey is about your own personal experience. So you can’t really get a question wrong. Just tell them how you feel, and you’ll not only be helping the company improve. You’ll also be earning yourself a reward.
|Restaurant Company||Burger King|
|Survey Requirements||Purchase Receipt|
|Assured Survey Prize||FREE WHOPPER® Sandwich|
|Special Survey Prize||Chance to Win $3000 Cash|
|Prize Validity||30 Days|
|Language||English, Spanish & French|
|Customer Care No.||1-866-394-2493 (US Only)|
|Age||18 Years & Above|
MyBKExperience Survey Rewards
Ah, yes. The delicious, delicious rewards.
Burger King knows that if they want people to take the survey, they need to offer something in return. After all, time is money. Or at least, time is tasty burgers. So to get people to complete the survey, Burger King offers rewards.
A nice feature of the Burger King survey rewards system is that you are provided with a unique coupon code as soon as you successfully complete the survey. This coupon gives you a choice to claim the reward you want. You can choose from the classic Whopper sandwich, an Original Chicken sandwich, or a Croissan’wich if you prefer.
This enables the survey to appeal to the widest possible range of customers. And the more responses Burger King can get to their survey, the more accurate the information becomes. But it’s not just burgers that are up for grabs. When you take the MyBKExperience survey, you are also entered into a sweepstakes to win $3000 cash in the monthly raffle.
Once a month, Burger King gives away a money prize to a lucky winner, yet you can participate in this sweepstakes twice a month (limited to one survey per household in a 14 day period) to higher your chances of winning the raffle.
Note: You can’t take the survey with one receipt more than once, therefore, you will need a new purchase receipt in order to take part again.
Burger King Survey Requirements & Restrictions
Burger King wants as many people as possible taking this survey, so the requirements to enter aren’t very difficult to meet.
- You must have a device such as smartphone, laptop/ desktop or tablet with strong and reliable internet connection as the survey is filled in online.
- You must have a purchase receipt from any Burger King store (It should not be older than 7 days and must include a unique survey code).
- You should be 18 years of age or older.
- You have to be a legal resident of the United States of America.
- You need to have a clear understanding of English, Spanish or French as these are the languages the survey is offered in.
- Lastly, you shouldn’t forget about a pen which you may need at the end of the survey to write down the reward code on your receipt.
- Only one entry is allowed per household every 2 weeks.
- You cannot not be an employee of Burger King or be closely related to a current employee as this is a conflict of interest.
- You cannot transfer the prize to anyone else.
- Any attempt made to destroy or harm the official website of the survey www.mybkexperience.com will be considered a violation of criminal and civil laws.
If you have all that, you’re halfway to earning yourself some free food.
Step By Step Guide to Participate in the Burger King Survey
1. Go to www.mybkexperience.com.
2. Choose your language – English, Spanish and French are the three options available.
3. Now you need to enter the number of the restaurant you’ve made an order at. It is located at the top of your receipt right after the Burger King®. Fill the required field and click “Next”.
4. After this, you will have to enter your survey code. This is a long string of numbers broken into three sections of five digits and one of six digits usually located at the lower section of your receipt right under the promise of a free meal. And, hit the “Start” button.
5. That was the last preparatory step – and now you should be able to proceed to the question section, which usually starts from asking you to rate your overall satisfaction with your visit to the restaurant. The choices are: highly satisfied, satisfied, neither satisfied nor dissatisfied, dissatisfied, or highly dissatisfied.
6. Next, you’ll be asked whether your order was dine-in, take-out, or drive-through. Select whichever one it was and click next.
7. If you select drive-through, you’ll be asked whether you placed your order on the Burger King mobile app or via the speaker in the drive-through (Keep in mind that you will be provided with different question here depending upon the selection of your order type in the 6th step).
8. Next, you’ll see a grid that asks you multiple questions about specific aspects of your visit. Once again, you will indicate your satisfaction level along a scale from highly satisfied to highly dissatisfied. The areas you will be asked about are:
a) Speed of service.
b) Exterior cleanliness of the restaurant.
c) The temperature of your food.
d) The quality of your food.
e) The friendliness of the Burger King team.
f) The accuracy of your order.
9. Then, you’ll be asked how likely you are to return to that particular Burger in the next 30 days. Your choices are: highly likely, likely, somewhat likely, not very likely, or not at all likely.
10. If you went through the drive-through (Again! this question can be different depending upon your selection in the 6th step), you’ll be asked if your order was displayed on the drive-through screen. You’ll also be asked whether you received your order at the drive-through window.
11. You will now be asked if you experienced a problem during your visit. This is a yes or no question. If you answer yes, you will be asked for more details on your problem.
12. Next, you will be asked what you ordered. You can choose categories from a list, including desserts and drinks, beef products, chicken products, sides, salads and veggies, or other entries. You can select more than one option from this list. If you don’t remember, just check your receipt to remind you.
13. Once you’ve selected the broad categories, there will be follow-up questions that will ask for more detail on the individual items that you ordered. Select all that apply.
14. For each menu item you bought, you’ll be asked to rate your satisfaction on the same five-part scale as before. You will then be asked to rate the packaging of the product, the appearance, the portion size, and your opinion on value for money of the product. You’ll also be asked about the taste, quality, and temperature of your food.
15. You’ll be asked how likely you are to repurchase each item within the next month, based on the same five-part scale used elsewhere in the survey.
16. Then, you’ll be asked to describe your experience in three sentences or more. This is where you get to explain why you gave the ratings you did, whether they were good or bad. If you had a good experience, don’t be afraid to say so. Burger King staff often get rewarded for providing a good customer experience. And if something was wrong, go ahead and let them know so they can fix it the next time.
17. Once all of this is done, you’ll be asked how many people were in the group you visited the restaurant with.
18. You’ll also be asked to tell them how you heard about the survey. The options are:
a) Saw it in merchandising.
b) Saw it on the receipt.
c) Told by order taker.
19. The final question is whether you made an order for a child under 13 years of age. Once you answer this, the survey is complete. You will be given an entry into a monthly sweepstakes to win $3,000 cash and also a reward code which you should write down on your receipt and bring to the original Burger King restaurant you visited to receive your free meal.
If all of this sounds like a lot of questions, you should know that it’s not as hard as it sounds. It should only take about 3 to 4 minutes to fill out the entire survey from start to finish. Chances are, you have probably spent longer than that reading the instructions.
Terms & Conditions for Free Meal Reward Coupon:
- You can only claim one coupon every 14 days.
- You need to visit the same restaurant that you got your original receipt from to claim your prize.
- You must redeem the coupon within 30 days of your initial purchase.
- You cannot redeem or exchange the coupon for cash or any other alternative in return.
About Burger King Corporation
The very first Burger King was founded in 1953. After a visit to McDonald’s, Keith Kramer and his wife’s uncle Matthew Burns were inspired to start their own fast food joint which they called “Insta-Burger King”. The very first location was in Jacksonville, Florida. Within two years, the pair sold a franchise in Miami to James McLamore and David Edgerton.
These two men continued expanding to new locations throughout Miami. They introduced the concept of using a flame broiler to give the burgers a distinctive taste. Eventually, they bought out the original owners of the company in 1959, and renamed it Burger King.
In 1967, the company was bought by Pillsbury. With their financial muscle, they were able to grow the business to the point that it became the 2nd largest fast food chain in the country, just after McDonald’s.
Since then, the company has gone through several changes of ownership and has at times struggled to defend its market share. However, as of 2018, Burger King was once again in the second spot of the list of the country’s favorite hamburger joints – behind McDonald’s, of course.
Talking about today, there are more than 7,406 Burger King franchises located just across the United States and Canada. These are made up of many privately owned franchises, including some owned by celebrities such as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
If you run into problems taking the survey, you can contact Burger King here:
- Customer Care Number: 1-866-394-2493 (US) or 1-844-576-0546 (Canada).
- Customer Service Hours: 7 AM to 11 PM CST.
- Headquarters Address: Burger King Headquarters, 5505 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126.
- Online Contact Form: https://www.bk.com/contact-us.
Social Media Accounts
Social media is also a great way to get in touch with the Burger King team as the average response time is quite low.
Ever since the early days of the company, Burger King has had to play second fiddle to McDonald’s. That doesn’t mean that the nation’s second favorite burger chain doesn’t have millions of its own devoted fans. You don’t get 15,000 locations in more than 80 countries worldwide without doing something right.
The customer survey is one more way that Burger King aims to stay on top. By knowing what the customers like and don’t like, they are able to stay responsive to changing demands while retaining their core support base. By filling out the survey, you help the restaurant do that. More importantly, you get free food. What’s not to like about that?